sorry if its tmi

my daughter is 5 weeeks old im guessing when i had her it cauesed me to get hemrroids or however its spelt. i didnt think i had them cause i never could find the little bump but i found it last night and now im scared to poop cause it hurts so bad.. i was wondering does anyone else have or maybe had this problem, what can i do to help it with out store bought products, && do they ever go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

• The good news: they do go away! I had them bad during all my pregnancies and after. The best at home remedies: sitz baths and diet changes. Over the counter helps though, that always worked for me, stool softener everyday, witch hazel pads and hydrocortisone cream. I would usually put some HC cream on a witch hazel pad and wipe the area after going to the bathroom each time. Also for internal hemorrhoids, Preparation H makes a OTC suppository.
    Anonymous

• I would buy a stool softener which can be in the form of a small pill, or use a laxative, also in a small pill form. I use Walmarts brand and it is not expensive, but both do take around 6 hours or more. If you are needing immediate relief, be sure and drink a cup of hot tea or even hot water with a bit of lemon. This relaxes the colon immediately. I would also eat a piece of fruit, either an apple or pear then the hot drink. Make sure that you are drinking enough water all during the day (at least 8) to keep your colon moving easy and cleaner. Messy bm's irritate hemorroids. I would also buy a store brand of hemorroid wipes to use after going to the bathroom. These ideas should work for you soon! :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:14 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• so how long before it'll go away completely??
    Anonymous

• It depends on how hard your poop is or how much you strain. I had hemrhoids too, I didn't do anything for them and they went away on ther own, I don;t think that works for everyone thoug. Fiber one granola bars are awesome. I used to have problems with irregularity. I eat 1 of those every day with a bottle of water and no more problems. They do give ya gas at first but that goes away pretty quick.
    mykidsrock77

Answer by mykidsrock77 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 3, 2008