Am I being unrealistic?

I'm due with our first baby on Nov 11th. I thought it would be great for my family to come up to see us and meet the baby for Thanksgiving... assuming she comes on time or early, that gives us a couple of weeks to get settled in before everyone comes.
My brother and SIL think that it will be too many people at our house.
I just love the idea of having family around to meet the baby and celebrate her arrival and thanksgiving at the same time!

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 12:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe your Bro & SIL dont want to be cramped. Tell them they can get a hotel if they don't want to squish in your home with the family. Or, mayen they want to do Thanksgiving at their house instead. I think it's weird that they'd say that. I'd take it that they dont like that idea....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't think you're being unrealistic. My step sister had her son a couple of weeks before Christmas, and she brought him to her grandma's house. Everyone got to see him. He mainly slept the entire time.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• First of all, CONGRATS on the baby! I am expecting my third child Nov. 24th.. The day BEFORE thanksgiving, lol..

Back to the question, lol.. If you want to have everyone over for Thanksgiving, then go for it! Only you know what you can and can not handle. Assuming your baby comes right on time, that will give you two weeks to recover, and most women and back to normal and very close to recovered by then.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i think thats a great idea. and its great to have help with a new baby.
    but how many people are you speaking of? your not supposed to have new babys around too many people until they are atleast 6 weeks old because they dont have any shots or anything yet, especially around winter time with all of the illnesses. make sure everybody washes there hands & nobodys sick.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think having family around is great. Just keep one room off limits so when the baby is resting. Also have someone else cook, your not going to feel like it, or have the energy. Early Congratulations BTW.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It's your baby and if you feel up to it go for it. I'm sure your family will love seeing the baby. You shouldn't have to sit at home on thanksgiving while everyone else is having a family get together. I am sure it will be ok.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I THINK ITS FINE! AS LONG AS YOU ARE READY FOR IT!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would love that as well and like you said it would give you enough time to get settled with baby. Are you able to accommodate everyone in your house comfortably? You are going to have a brand new baby, make sure you don't overwhelm yourself, you will still be recovering as well.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• go for it! good luck!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 12:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think it's fine....you will be busy with the baby so I would recruit someone to prepare the feast. Congrats mama!!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 12:15 PM on Jul. 29, 2010