Would you get a menial job after unemployment ran out?

My sil is unemployed and has been for over a year. She has been on unemployment the whole time. It has finally run out- so she chooses to live in her house waiting for it to be repo'ed . Would you go out and get a menial job? Even though it would not pay your bills? Just to have some money and income?

I personally am not too proud to do anything.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I did get a menial job that I don't like and I have to drive and hour to get to. At least my bills are paid.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would have gotten on before it ran out. A bad job is better than no job.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes, you take whatever you can get. But it doesn't even look like there's much going on with those either, cause DH has applied and still hasn't found anything. He never got unemployment either.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes i would. I took a 20K paycut when I first lost my job to try to pay the bills on not be on PA, it sucked but it kept us afloat and paying the minimum on everything, very hard but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• yeah, i would get a part time job until something better came along. I enjoyed working, even when i worked in small coffee shops making 7 bucks an hour + tips. Some money is better than no money. And as my dad always said "action is better than no action" You won't accomplish much sitting at home. Just being out & about in the world gives you much more opportunity to meet people & find good places to work.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• to each their own i suppose.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 12:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have been in that situation- I lost my full time job and was on unemployment and I really needed to find a job. The job market was not very good in my area (especially for the job I was trained for) I did manage to find a part time clerical job that was less $ per hour. I felt that some $ coming in was better than none at all especially since I had bills to pay and it was not fair for me to sit back and do nothing while hubs was stuck trying to pay all the bills by himself on his salary.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2010