I miscarried 3 weeks ago...

There is still tissue and liquid in my womb and my uterin lining is 2.11 cm, the doc said it should be .5 cm. They said i may need to do a D&C but they seem to be putting it off. Can just leaving the tissue and liquid in there cause an infection or anything of the such. My bleeding has completely stopped (as of a few days ago)...

allfiller

Asked by allfiller at 12:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am sure it could cause an infection. Maybe call and talk to any other doctor. I heard of you get an infection it could be hard getting pregnant again.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure what the risks are if you leave it in there. I had my doctor do the D&C after my miscarriage.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 12:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• yes, it can cause an infection, but it sounds like he's monitoring it ok for you. If you feel like the emotionally it's too much for you to deal with, then, make him do a d and c. That's why most women get them immediately.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i think that it could probly cause an infection. I always thought that d n c's were to be done immediately after. You maybe should check with ur doc again. SOrry for ur lost.
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 12:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't know much about miscarriages medically but I am sincerely sorry for your loss. There are a lot of good support groups out there if you need them.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I am so very sorry for your loss.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would call you Dr. I am sorry for your loss.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sorry for your loss.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 1:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I am so sorry you are going through this. I have been there. I lost my baby and did not find out until a month later. I really did not have an option except to do a D&C. It was even an emergency one done the very next day first thing in the morning in a hospital 2 hours away because the others were full and could not take me. But maybe my situation was different from yours. Yes you can develop an infection.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• im so sorry for ur loss
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 8, 2010