Idea's for first birthday?!??!?

Okay so my son is only 7 months old right now.. but I want to start thinking about his birthday now. I want it to be super special because his birthday is 4 days after christmas =( What can I do to make his birthday special?

Also what would be a good theme?

vampiremommy1

Asked by vampiremommy1 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well for our first birthday parties we did an up close and personal party. We made a little cake for the baby alone. We sang at the dinner table and talked about how life changed and what we loved about that moment. We talked about the fun stuff our kid taught us. Sorry were boring, and in the long run we remember these things over the theme of the parties.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• do something with bright colors..and animals or something babys love those!
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 12:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• When DS turned 1, we had a birthday party for him at Pizza Hut. We didn't really have a theme. Just bright colors. All of our close friends and family came, about 40 people. We had a birthday cake and he got his own mini one. We ordered pop and pizza for everyone. It lasted about 2 hrs or so. It was fun.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Okay both good ideas! What are some age appropriate gifts? I am unsure what to buy him, he is pretty ahead in development.
    vampiremommy1

Comment by vampiremommy1 (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• when is his birthday? & where do you live...or what is the climate like? I've got a bunch of ideas....
    prettyhipmom

Answer by prettyhipmom at 12:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2010