Did you just "know" that it was time?

I feel like I just know that the baby is coming in the next few days. I'm only 38 weeks. It might be just because I feel ready, but I can't shake the feeling. Has anyone ever just known, and it happened?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No..I didn't know at all...it was my first baby though
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I had a feeling I couldn't shake, but I chalked it up to worrying because I'd gone into preterm labor before and had it stopped. Turns out my feeling was right though (I had my son 7 1/2 weeks early).

Just try to keep from being stressed, keep a lookout for signs that you're going into labor, and don't worry. :) Good luck with your baby!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 1:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Nope. I honestly didn't with both my babies. One was a day late and one was five days late. It was really my second child I thought would come early because she was so low, and I was in more pain with her. I was so sure she'd at least be on time that I took off work and started maternity leave two days before my due date. What a mistake! I was desperate for both of my kids to be born and almost gave up and tried castor oil both times but always chickened out.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 1:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Eeew!
    Amber211

Comment by Amber211 (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I felt like that with my first, I knew it was time at 38 weeks. Needless to say she was born at 41 weeks lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 2:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Maybe I'm just done being pregnant .. lol
    Amber211

Comment by Amber211 (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My water broke at 37 weeks 2 days.... I had no contractions.... nothing... so I didn't just know it was coming.... lol
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 10:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010