Who is ready for school to start?

School starts in 2 weeks here and my baby will be starting kindergarten. I have mixed feelings about it. My oldest starts high school, also. Which gives me a feeling of dread.

erin7420

Asked by erin7420 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• LOL OOHH MY GOODNESS! I'm as far from ready as you can get!!! I'm not even in the state I'll be living in when my oldest starts school yet! I need to register and buy school supplies when I get there, did I mention she starts 5 days after arriving?! Yeah, it'll be an adventure that's for sure!

Talk about your adventure though! K and 12th grade?! One finishing and one starting a whole new chapter! Congrats!
    MamaHiD

Answer by MamaHiD at 1:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I can't wait!!!! No matter what I do with them they are always bored!! My oldest will be a senoir this year. WEIRD!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm more than ready! Course I should mention my dd's 15 mo & isn't in school yet. I'm ready to be able to walk thru walmart @ 11 am w/out dodging herds of kids. I'm ready to take her to the play ground-the one for little kids & not get over run by teenagers & their hormones. I'm more than ready!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm ready for school to start but not for the fights over getting homework completed.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• This is me on Aug. 9th!

happy dance Pictures, Images and Photos
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm not yet. We're having such a fun, busy summer and I don't want it to end. On Monday night, my husband realized he didn't have much work for the week, so we packed up and drove to California for a couple of days. We can't do stuff like that during the school year.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i am so ready... except for the having stuff part. i can't wait to leave the house and not have 5 kids with me. and my dd is starting kindergarden this year and she is so excited after seeing how much fun her older brothers had. my kids love school so they are wanting to go back too.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 1:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i was ready 2 weeks after school was out for the summer
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• cant wait, my teenager is driving me batty,
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 2:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010