school kids and new babies

ok so my 7yr old is going back to school. how do keep from waking the baby up at 5am (it takes a lot of yelling,screaming,crying,doors slammed) when i get the 7 yr old up? also whats the best patterns to put the baby on so i can help with homework cook spend time with the 7yr old?

puresouthern

Asked by puresouthern at 12:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in

• I have the same aged children and I put my toddler son to bed at 7P and my daughter at 830p this gives us enoug time togethr. We do homework as soon as she gets home from school so its fresh and we know its done. then its play eat and whatver else time. My sonloves this time bc its his time to play with block and other things without too much ti disturb him. As far as waking him up. Since he goes to bed kinda early he"s ready to be up at 0530-0600am. I usually lay out what they are both going to wear the night before and pack the backpacks/snacks etc the night before so there are monimal delays.Also i bought my daughter her own alarm (she chose it) and its her "important" job to make sure she double checks the bags to make sure mommy didnt mess up.she loves to wake up early to check up on me...sometimes i mess up to give her a thrill..good luck
    sirenite

Answer by sirenite at 10:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You need to work on eliminating the yelling, crying and door slamming.
    With my 6yo I have to take all the covers off, turn all the lights on and wash her face with a warm washcloth before she even comes too ( we are a family of heavy sleepers)
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 2:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• samme the school kid gets up ok but whe does not want to do what is needed she wants to do her own thing. she is a bed wetter so i fight to make get a shower, fight on what to wear, fight to clean her room cause she played after we sent to bed(there are no toys in her room) if i tell her to do something she throws a huge fit causing the crying and doos to slam and then me to yell or scream. she gets on the bus at 630 am but casue she fight so bad she has to get up at 5 am that time i could be in bed sleeping. i started getting her up on wed at 5 so she is use to the routinebut is therre more i need to do.
    puresouthern

Comment by puresouthern (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• maybe he needs more sleep..I never have to yell or scream and no one slams doors..My schools kids are 5 and 7 then we have a 2 yr old. My kids are easy to get up I guess I just call there name and oftwen they wake me up! My daughter sometimes is harder but I just ask her what she wants for breakfast and she usually replies and jumps right up.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• yeah, i would work on keeping the older ones quiet while getting ready, there is no need for yelling and what not...
    asil

Answer by asil at 8:06 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Your 7 year old needs more sleep, perhaps, to be more ready to wake up. The ladies above have already given good ideas. For homework, I would just sit with the baby on my lap while helping my older child with homework. Now, they both have homework. They sit at the table and I sit with both of them (reading my own book, for fun) while they work and if they need me, I'm right there. If I need to cook dinner, they sit at the kitchen table, so I'm still right there anyway.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010