mucous..maybe tmi

I am 32 weeks pregnant. For the past few days ive noticed mucous coming out of me. It is not green or yellow, doesnt stink, and there isn't any blood in it. It's just alot. I haven't felt any contractions. I dont have any infections. So my question is, is it normal to have ALOT of mucous coming out??

stampmama

Asked by stampmama at 12:15 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You do have an excess of discharge when you are pregnant, and that does not mean that it was your mucus plug. I distinctly remember when I was 16 having a friend (18) who was pregnant and complained of being "extremely wet" all of the time. I did not know what she was talking about until I got pregnant...it sometimes was to the point of grossly excessive and I had to use pantyliners. However, this is normal, it is your bodies way of keeping the baby safe by constantly cleaning down there.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:30 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• it could be the mucus plug... i had a lot of discharge the last 2 months of my pregnancy and the doc told me that its normal... i past the mucus plug a week before i had my baby and it had a pinkish tinge to it..
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 12:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• wow i have same thing and im only 3 weeks.
    Anonymous

• A lot of mucus or discharge in pregnancy can be a normal thing, have you talked to your doctor or ob/gyn about it? I would if you havent to see what they have to say. If you notice a greater amount of mucus even if it does not smell or have blood or any funky colors in it you should still let your doctor know since your 32 weeks and your baby would be considered a premie. Just remember that lots of mucus does not mean that labor is near, but just incase I would let your doctor know. With my last pregnancy I had really bad mucus for over a week before I went into labor. But I would be safe then sorry, Just make sure!! Hope this helps you!! If you have any more questions feel free to ask me!!!
    Jessiewith3

Answer by Jessiewith3 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i lost mine in the shower with my first preg. and i could believe how much came out! it was like clear jelly and it def didnt seem like a liquid.
    kahmommy

Answer by kahmommy at 10:47 AM on Oct. 4, 2008