California Mommies

Have any of you ever driven the one? Which part of it have you driven? We do the half hour between Santa Cruz and Monterey all the time but are thinking about driving a bigger portion of it for a romantic weekend away.

mamasitax2

Asked by mamasitax2 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Travel

• I lived up by Santa Cruz and use to bring the 1 down to SoCal all the time. It's gorgoues. I don't know about North anymore but South was always nice.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 2:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That is an incredibly scenic drive, go the whole route - enjoy every minute of it!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:28 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I live and split my time between Aptos (Santa Cruz Cty) and Rolling Hills Estates (Southern La Cty)- the 1 is a beautiful drive. The 1 between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay is also lovely. I love the Big Sur area as well.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:09 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I think a romantic weekend would be to drive the ONE down to big sur and stay in one of those cabins or camp out if you cant afford it. Cambria is also a romantic little town to stay in, ragged point anything down to Morro Bay is nice.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• "That is an incredibly scenic drive, go the whole route - enjoy every minute of it! " EXACTLY!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:21 AM on Aug. 12, 2010