Parents of Seniors..... How are you doing their senior pictures?

It has been a trend here to take them yourself with a really good digital camera. What do you think? How you done this? How did they turn out?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• We did that with our daughter it was great. had oodles to choose from and if need more I just print them off. Her yearbook photo was the school pic, worked out really well
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 6:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2010

• I am a senior this year. I am doing mine with my digital camera at a friends farm. Sunlight works way better than indoor light. Go outside and get a pretty shot of your senior leaning against a tree or laying in the grass or next to flowers.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think it's a great idea but our school still takes their own for the yearbook. Just opt not to buy them and print your own.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 1:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The photographer our school uses is fantastic....so we've used them for our sons.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Our school requires that we have them taken professionally. They won't let you just send in your own pictures because they have to be against a very specific "School okayed" background.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My stepdaughters school set them up with a professional photographer the school scheduled the appointment and everything. If u can spare a little cash id definately say go that route there the best pictures of her ive ever seen.
    jonesy21

Answer by jonesy21 at 4:54 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Yes, great idea but they cannot be submitted for the yearbook in our school; have to have the approved background. We scheduled the appointment with the photo studio and then selected our favorites. I did not choose a package (even the cheapest package was too expensive and while the pictures turned out great, I typically don't like school pictures - they're too "posed"). Anyhoo, I bought several pix "a la carte" and then scanned them into my computer and emailed them off to family.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:41 AM on Jul. 30, 2010