baby moving room

ok jazs (4months) has a craddle in our room and a crib w/dresser in her room. dad will not let me put her in there at night because he is afraid she will spit up and choke. she has refux and has to have gas drops. he want to wait till she is at least crawling. as of now her crib is filled with clothes that are to big cause 1 i have nowhere else to put them 2 she is not using it. is he right for wanting to wait or is it time to put her in her room.

puresouthern

Asked by puresouthern at 1:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't move my DD into her own room until she was 6 months. It worked out for us really well and she didn't really have many problems adjusting. I started napping her in her crib first and a couple weeks later started putting her to sleep in the crib. WIthin two weeks she was right into the routine. Before then I just didn't feel she was ready and I wasn't either. She was still waking to eat 1-2 times per night and I was nursing so it was easiest to have her right there next to me. I think you just have to wait until you feel ready. Honestly, part of the reason I moved her was because she was getting too big for her bassinet. And I felt better that she was able to roll over on her own by then and she didn't seem as helpless and vulnerable. Even if she slept great in the crib it would do no good for me to be up checking on her 20 times a night instead of rolling over in bed to peak in her bassinet.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would move her into her room. I worried my daughter choked once and my boss (my pediatrician also) told me that she'll cough and get it out, it takes A WHOLE lot for a baby to choke. Get a baby monitor with a video part to it if he's worried, then he can still see her but she can learn to sleep on her own, which will be helpful later on!
    MamaHiD

Answer by MamaHiD at 2:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010