Do Westie Dog shed?

I have a pure westies dog, she is over a year old. I was told by her first owner that she does not shed. I have read on the net that westies do not shed. Well everytime I bath my dog there is hair everywhere! I brush her and she will shack and hair will go flying everywhere! When she is dry she doesn't shed as much but she still gives off lots of hair! Could there be something wrong with her that is making her shed so much? I can't stand the hair and I wanted a dog that didn't shed and I was told she didn't! Ughhh Any websites that could help me?

lil_Army_Wife05

Asked by lil_Army_Wife05 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pets

• http://www.westieclubamerica.com/breed/faq.html Here is a link to the Westie Club of America

Here is their answer on Westies shedding. "They do shed a little. However they do not shed profusely and their hair is easily vacuumed or removed with a lint brush. Regular brushing will reduce shedding to a minimum."

I hope this helps.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• They are a terrier and terriers are known for not shedding a lot. They usually do not shed the outer coarser hair, but they will shed the undercoat. They are said to "not shed" because they do not shed like a lab, or shepard, or pug...which all shed nonstop all the time.

Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• There is no such thing as a non shedding animal. They all shed something. Even we do :D
    Devinenvied

Answer by Devinenvied at 7:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2010