What to serve at a birthday party?

I am looking for ideas for my 2 year olds birthday party. It will be about 25 people mostly adults. I have done the hamburgers and hot dogs, sloppy joes and stuff like that. Looking for a main dish idea that I can make ahead and keep warm or cold and sit out.

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• IM GONING TO DO PULLED PORK :) YUMMY My dd birthday is next month.:)
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Lasagna, stuffed shells, meatballs or something like that?? Deli meats & cheeses??

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• What about a baked potatoe bar? Diced white and green onions, shredded cheeses, butter, salt and pepper, chili, bacon bits.
    All the prep can be done early then just heat the potatoes in foil on the grill or in the oven.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• A nice thing is to have crossant sandwiches with sides.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• lunch meat sammies. get some diff breads, meat, chesses. sit it out and let em make their own. quick, easy and cheap.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I usually go with lots of finger foods. Pepperoni and cheese with crackers, fruit plate with yogurt dip, some flavored pretzels, etc. And, of course, the cake! That way everything is casual, everyone is pleased, and clean up is relatively simple.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 1:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• we have done fajitas before.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Chili bar: use a slowcooker to cook and serve the chili, with lots of side: brown rice, pasta, shredded cheese, jalapenos, diced onion, sliced avocado, crackers, etc.

You can even make two pots; one white and one red. Send me a message if you would like my recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:23 AM on Jul. 30, 2010