How to ease the suffering?

I'm starting school back soon and I'm due in july. I have to wake up at 6 in the morning.I knw when babies cry they need your undivided attention but I have no idea how to get threw them nights when he cries and I have to wake up hrs later.

firstimemom816

Asked by firstimemom816 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You just do it. After having 5 babies, I can say I haven't learned any way to make it easier. Coffee? lol Try to go to bed at a decent hour and just do what any mom does. Take care of your crying baby and go back to sleep. 6:30 is the time I wake up during school months. I don't go to school, but my kids do. I spend the day caring for the little ones and cleaning house. I get a nap if I am very lucky.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Make sure to eat HEALTHY, drink water, and sleep when you can! Try to set up for a family member to watch the baby once a week for a few hours for you to do something for YOU, may it be take a walk, go to a movie with a friend, or just sit at a park and read a good book!!! Good luck lady, been there.done that...NOT EASY, but you CAN do it!
    MamaHiD

Answer by MamaHiD at 1:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• There is no easy fix to the sleepless nights...You have to do what you have to do...try to enjoy the time spent feeding at all hours---i always thought of it as extra bonding time and that helped...If you can nap during the day w/the baby...GL you'll do fine and CONGRATS!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sleep when the baby sleeps no matter what time it may be. It works great if you have no other children & if he doesn't have colic. when your hubby comes home let him take over so you can study.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I said I would never co-sleep and that went out the window the second night home from the hospital when I was exhausted. Or have one of those bassinett things that attach right to the bed where you can reach right out and settle the baby down without getting up. I learned to nurse laying down and it was one of the best things I did because I would literally sleep while feeding and baby would nurse until she fell asleep and then I could move her or just keep her there. All those tired mornings it helped to remind myself that this was temporary and if I could just hang in there for a few months things would settle down and get a little more normal. Everyone tells you to sleep when baby does, for me that was hard to do but it really does help. And take help from anyone who offers so you can catch a break. Swings and slings are great helpers too. Good luck! Try to enjoy at least some of those quiet middle of the night times, too.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Coffee and exercise.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010