Why do people believe that little boys, young men and adult men are incapable of personal hygiene? adult content

honestly? are they that much harder than little girls, young women, adult women to teach? are men or the male species somehow lacking the ability to clean thier body parts? is it a private parts gene only girls have? i dont get it? i really dont.

sati769leigh

Asked by sati769leigh at 1:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• No. My little girl gets as dirty or dirtier than my boys ever have. I think it's just that boys don't always seem to care, but my two bigger boys usually clean themselves pretty well and come to me asking me to smell them so I know they cleaned themselves and ask if they smell good. They use my husband's body wash and smell "like a man." lol
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Beats me.

My husband is really hygiene conscious. And my son has been taught his entire life to be so as well. I've never had issues with either of them not having good personal hygiene.

A man  or boy are just as hygienic as they have been taught to be, and are expected to be.. IMO anyway.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• and some girls and women dont wash either. how is it that menget a cop out on it?"

I didn't say that they didn't, nor did I say it was.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Well..because some of them are.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't have any little boys, but my dh keeps himself clean. He showers regularly and keeps his parts clean. My brother keeps clean as well.But, hygiene is taught tho I have smelt some funky women as well and funky men and I know them and hygiene is not a priority.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think it comes down to the idea that boys are meant to play out in the dirt and get dirty and girls are meant to be in the house to train to be a wife and mother... It's very outdated thinking... My DH is overly clean and neither of my boys like to be dirty, their bath is their fav time of the day. Yet, I have a sister who would have given Pigpen a run for his money when we were kids...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I don't believe that! WHat a silly question!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My son and his father are very clean.

They shower 2 times a day, and my son washes his hands and face when he gets dirty-he will play in dirt he is not a clean, clean person.

They are very good at keeping up with their hygien. My son is 6, it must be taught, and repeated over and over again. Now he tells me I need a shower, or to brush my teeth, he likes the clean feeling-he even wants to wear cologn like his dad-I say now he is pushing it... :) Good luck!!! Keep on top of the both of them... You will be fustrated, but eventually you will win...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• and some girls and women dont wash either. how is it that menget a cop out on it?
    sati769leigh

Comment by sati769leigh (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010