Food Appetizers- Need suggestions!

Going to a pool party gathering at my sister-in-laws house this weekend. We are in charge of bringing the appetizers and I'd like recipe suggestions for dips or appetizers that have been a hit at your parties. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Oh I have a few at home, if you want to message me I can send them to you this evening after work.
    I usually do : Chicken wing dip, little smokys with cresent rolls, tastefully simple dips are great and easy.
    Just let me know if you would like some more ideas.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 2:03 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• take a cucumber and slice into thick wedges, top will dill flavored cream cheese and a piece of smoked salmon...yum and great when it's hot outside.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The easiest dip in the world. 16 oz sour cream, 1 pkg Lipton Onion soup mix. Stir together the night before, cover and chill. Make sure it sets with a bowl, inside a bowl with ice to keep it cool. Great with everything from chips to veggies.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Simple a block of Mexican velveta, melt add 2 cans of hormel chili.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Guacamole and chips are always good.
    Chicken wings
    Meatballs
    Fresh fruit skewers
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 2:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Velveta cheese and chili dip, Salsa and sour cream dip The chili cheese dip is bean less chili and velveta cheese melted in the microwave. It's best to do at the party so it's hot and fresh. The salsa and sour cream dip is self explanatory.  Another good dip for the health conscious is humus with roasted garlic.  You can buy that already made in the deli section at walmart.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• or thin ham slices spread cream cheese on and roll around half a baby dill pickle! Yummmm.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Another favorite is Meatballs in grape-chili sauce. 1 32 oz jar grape jelly, 2 12 oz bottles chili sauce, In a skillet combine the grape and chili sauce over a med heat until smooth. You can do this on the stove or in a crockpot. I do the crockpot. Put one bag frozen meatballs (70-80 per bag) in crockpot, pour sauce over stirring to coat. Simmer on low 3 hours. If you do it on the stove..just do it in one big pot simmer the same 3 hours.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My Mom makes this things where she steams some asparagas till slightly soft. Spreads cream cheese on slices of ham and rolls it up. It is the bomb
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Sausage Balls - 2 cups Bisquick, 1 lb sausage, and 10 oz shredded cheese. Mix ingredients together. Form 1 inch balls. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes on a cookie sheet.

Serve with stick pretzels like the sample stands at the grocery store!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010