rinworms or pityriasis rosea?? PLEASE HELP ME!!

okay i started with a ringworm on my leg. about a week later i had a bunch of little red bumps on my arm that turned into looking like mini ringworms. now they are all on my back, chest, arms, neck, and belly!! my husband counted 60 and stopped!

i went to the dr. it was just a walk-in dr bc i dont have a specific dr but she told me it looked like ringworms and gave me a pill to take (it was a yeast infection pill) and if it doesnt improve within 3 days take another one.

well i searched the web images and it looks more like pityriasis rosea...its not as bad as most peoples i have seen though.

does anyone know what this could be??

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Health

• It could be ringworm still...I've had it all over before too...depending on the medication the dr. prescribed it can still take a while to heal up...mine took about a week. If you think it's something else, get another dr. to look @ it.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I had pityriasis rosea...and its a pain but nothing you can do a bout it but take oatmeal baths, cortizone and keep from being sweaty until it heals. One thing about this rash is it has a herald patch so you will see a larger one that came up first and is kind of raised.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 2:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• does the pityriasis look like ringworms? like does it have a little dot in the middle with like a ring around it? i cant really explain it in words but thats the best i can do...
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• and bumblebee when you had ringworms all over did they leave scars? and were some little bitty like as big as a mosquito bite?
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Did the Dr. scrape the skin & look at it under the microscope? If not she doesn't know if it is ringworm. I had ringworm that I caught from a kitten. It was in one spot only. Cost me $200.00 to get rid of it & 2 months before it was gone. My vet cured the kitten in 2 weeks & for a lot less money. there is an over the counter med you can buy at any drugstore for about $8.00. It is made for athletes foot & works just as good as the expensive pill. BTW ring worm is not a worm it is a fungus. Sorry I can't remember the name of the med. The druggist will know.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That's what my herald patch looked like it was mostly on my back and abdomen.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My dd had the PR' and the doc told her to use selsom Blue to wash with. Soemthing in the shampoo helps dry up the red spots... Good luck...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:00 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• thank you all! my *herald patch* started on my leg, and i really thought it was a ringworm and it is all over my belly and back and arms...no my dr didnt scrape it she just assumed it was ringworm...i guess so it wouldnt cost so much money but when i go back i will get her to test it.
    EheartsZ07

Comment by EheartsZ07 (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010