Was that my mucus plug?

Last night, when I went to pee, there was something really slimy and snotty in the toilet. It was brownish, yellow. Looked gross! I thought I lost some of my mucas plug the other day. But it was whitish, clearish. What that it last night? If so, when will my labor start? I am 36 weeks preggo today.

JmeCrozier

Asked by JmeCrozier at 12:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like it may have been. Sorry to burst your bubble honey, but you can lose your plug up to a month before you actually go into labor. If you are at 36 weeks are you are at the point where you are seeing your doctor every week yet? If so, mention it to him at your next appointment, or give him a call now and let him know, he may want to check you out.
    Even so, I think now would be a good time to get your bag packed (I packed mine and left in it the trunk of my car so i would not forget it!) and get your list of phone numbers handy and in your bag as well, so you are prepared when the time does come.
    Good Luck!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:28 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I lost mine a month before I had my baby and actually was induced, but that does sound like that was it.
    bbennington1

Answer by bbennington1 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I lost mine and had my baby 9 hours later. I guess there's no guarentee
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Both of those instances were your mucus plug. I always thought it would come out in one big plop but that did not happen with me either time. First time, it came out bit by bit for a week. Last time with twins - it was about 2 weeks...which made me mad. I was remembering the first time, once that started it was only a week, then when after dealing with that for a week (with twins) and still not dilated......yes it was mucus plug, but it can be a little like that for a while. Since you know what that is, now pay attention to pains. Good luck!!
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• usually ur mucus plug is like light pink
    Anonymous