What are some ideas to make some money fast till first check comes?

I am getting a second job to make ends meet but things are behind and it will be 2 weeks before I start. Once I start it another 2-3 weeks till I get a check because they are bi weekly. Any ideas like plasma etc (Going there tomorrow).

I hate being this behind and it was because DH was laid off for 4 weeks. Now he is back but trying to catch up sucks.

Which is other reason for second job so we get an emegrency fund in place and soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• you could try going through your kids old toys and clothes and selling them to childrens place or tey having a yard sell
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Do you have any old children's clothes? you could go sell them somewhere. There are tons of places that buy and re-sell kids clothing, toys, baby products, etc. You could have a yard sell too. Or...list some things on e-bay or Craigslist. Best of luck! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I meant Once upon a child don't know why I was thinking of childrens place lol
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• rummage sale or ebay
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Babysitting.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• what about a pawn shop? do u have anything you could pawn for awhile until you have the money to get it back? or just out right sell if you aren't that attached to it, jewelry, electronics, ??
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Have a yardsale or If you can do creative craft things, you could make homemade stuff, like hairbows, custom made blankets, purses, shirts, etc
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• hmmm maybe i need to look into plasma, if it weren't so many appointments I had thought about selling some of my eggs before but to do it you had to be able to attend 10 appointments atleast.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would get together clothes that you don't wear often and don't need and sell them at second hand stores, take your DVDs and Video Games and decide maybe 5 that are your absolute favorite and take them to a local video game store like Game Stop and sell them for whatever you can get...Also look around the house at stuff that's not a NEED and just a comfort or luxury, and have a yard sell and sell it.
    MamaHiD

Answer by MamaHiD at 2:21 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• We redeem bottles and cans about once a month for about $10 . Not much I know but at least it's a gallon of milk, a box of cereal, a loaf of bread and some cheap luinch meat. OR a couple gallons of gas to get you to and from the job for a few days.Or a pack of diapers or ???, you get my drift I'm sure it's $10 - spend wisely!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 2:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2010