What is you opinion on spankings, as in my son was doing extremely wrong, but is spankings wrong!!!

I caught my son Enda wearing my under garments, I freaked out and throw him on the bed and beat him with the wooden that I keep in my kitchen drawer, I feel realy bad about it, but was I right or will there be words of encouragement that you can give to me........... please say that I'm right or if I'm wrong what can I do to make it right

Martina.

martinablake219

Asked by martinablake219 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Is this for real?
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My opinion is Spanking is a GOOD thing. However spanking is not done with your hand, never a item (belt, paddle, spoon) and is never done out of anger.

However, I don't see what was wrong with what your son was doing that it deserved any punishment or discipline at all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• WHAT? You beat him with a wooden spoon b/c he tried on your bra?

How old is your son? I would have been shocked if I had walked into my room and saw my teen trying on my undies....but beat them with a wooden spoon?????
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:32 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Uh...ya you were wrong. I think you should have talked to him about why he was wearing them and see what he says...he could have just been curious. And spanking should not be done with a wooden spoon or by throwing him on the bed---thats abuse.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• WTH! You have some anger issues.
    If anything at all I would have busted out laughing and told him to put them away and leave my things alone. Also I would have had a long talk with him about it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yeah you were wrong. And thats all I'm gonna say
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• nothing wrong with spanking, but to tell him why it was wrong, and spank him, but have a lock on your bedroom door, to many things in an adult's room, that they don't need to get in to or see
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 2:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You're wrong in this case. Beating is always wrong. Spanking can be a helpful disciplinary tool if used correctly. In this senario, I would have had a talk with him.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• beating and committing child abuse is not spanking. what you did so horrifies me i wishi knew where you lived and who you were. i would screen shot andreport you. you dont deserve to have a child right now in your care till you get yourself some help and under some care.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It was Pure shock when I seen my 17 year old son wearing my undies, I just fliped, I did not know what to do, to say, to put him off wearing my undies, It was out of pure shock and lack of understanding, I still don't understand why I hit my son, I did not think, I just reacted without thinking, what should I have said, or what do I say to him now, how long do I leave him to cool down, why was he wearing my ...................... Aaaa, I have to many questions, my head is busting

Martina.
    martinablake219

Comment by martinablake219 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010