4th birthday seems so special! What did you do for your dear one's 4th?

My SD is turning 4 next week. We decided that it's time for her bedroom to become more of a haven/fun place for her than just a room. It still seems very nursery like. So her big gift is having her room re done and decorated. She chose Nightmare Before Christmas, which is pretty cool because she's loved it for 2 years already, and the theme can grow with her, as opposed to Dora or something that she'll be too old for soon. Along with her room being done, we're having a party with Jack cupcakes, purple slushies, and little gothic tulle skirts with sparkles for all. I'm thinking about making a pinata. :)
I get real excited about bday celebrations, and am just curious as to what some of you other moms are doing or have done for a child of similar age?

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 2:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We went bowling - that is what DS likes to do!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would say do the pinata for sure- the kids love it!! Play a few simple games, decorate party hats, or plates, have a scavenger hunt...
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• For her 4th birthday, we just had family over to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Her big gift was a bicycle. This year she turns 5 and that is the birthday that seems kind of big to me. We're going to take her to Disney World 2 weeks after her birthday, but I'm still trying to find something special to do for her actual party.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My sons 4th is coming up and we are having it at a indoor bounce house place (similar to Monkey Jungle). 16 kids and their parents. The food will be all kid food....pizza, hotdogs, popcorn, cake, etc. My son loves Star Wars right now so I'll be doing everything with that theme - cake, party favors, invitations, plates, etc.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• the 1st and 4th year my DD did not have a birthday party. We gave her one every other year. I'm not sure why we missed those two.
    tayanddyl

Answer by tayanddyl at 3:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010