Do you sometimes feel like there is more you should be doing with your life?

I always thought I would go to college and have this great career making a decent amount of money. Well, I went to college, have 2 Associates degrees and a Bachelors in Gerneral Studies. Became a bartender, got married, bought a house, then had a son. Wanted to be a SAHM, but couldn't afford it for more than a year. Now I nanny and work at the family business. My sister just graduated from the Police Academy, and I'm the one with the CJ degree. I am SOOOOO proud of her, but it makes me reflect on my own life and how much more I think I should be doing with it. My plan is to be going back to work full-time when my son goes into full-day kindergarden, but still..... you know what I mean?

JGRIMMER

Asked by JGRIMMER at 2:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope not at all. My goal was always to be a wife & mother, & I honestly could not picture my life any other way. There is nothing more that I want. And there is nothing more important to me.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:41 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I had planned on solving the issues in the middle east.... but there are dishes to do.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I really do not ever feel that way.

I'm quite happy with what all I have done so far in this lifetime. And I'm quite happy and content with who/what I am at this point in time in life.

When I feel the need to change, expand, try something new, learn something new..etc.. I do so.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I had planned on curing caner today.... but there is laundry to do.
    sahlady

• I had planned on solving world hunger..... but there is dusting and vacuuming to do.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No. I'm happy with my life/what I'm doing.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i know what you mean. i love my son & dont regret him at all, but i know that i should have waited until i finished my young adult life, and was established.
    but thats okay. i just finished my associates degree, and am starting on my bachelors in september and i have big plans and goals for my life, and now i have my little buddy to come along with me.
    you can still go out there and do great things with your life.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You're not the only one, I didn't go to college even though I was able to get scholarships and all that good stuff but I just HAD to get married. Don't get me wrong I love being at home with my kids but sometimes I need to get away, I need to get out and have some adult interaction other than online, and with family.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think about things like that a lot.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• sigh, yes i know exactly what you mean. I'm a college dropout and a SAHM. I KNOW eventually i will work fulltime or go back to school and finish my degree i just don't know when or how that is gonna happen, its frustrating to have my parents and family and other people commenting on how i do "nothing" right now...yeah cause being a SAHM to 3 little ones is really 'nothing' >:(
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010