How long after you weaned your child did you switch them to their own bed from co-sleeping?

My daughter is 22 months old and i just stopped breastfeeding her almost a month ago. She still co-sleeps with me and her daddy. after you weaned your child and they were still co-sleeping how did you get them to switch to sleeping in their own bed? What methods did you use? Did you put their bed beside yours for them to sleep in before you put it back in their room? What did you do? any successful stories?

Right now kelly doesnt have her own room bc we have family living with us. When she does get her own room back, I will be trying to get her to sleep in her own bed and room. So this is all for future reference, for in few months.

Kelly will turn 2 on sept 26th

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont have any reference about the bf part but I did co-sleep with my 1st dd. We had her crib right next to ours with the side of it but would let her sleep with us. When we moved her into a toddler bed we put it so just the head part was near our bed. Then when she slept most the night in that we moved it into her room. She woke up through the night and I would let her back into our bed, so I could get more sleep, but after about a month this stopped. We moved her into her own room at 18 months. She now sleeps through the night in her bed. GL.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I never had a child co-sleep as I was afraid I'd roll over onto them & they would be smothered. They always had their own bed,in my room until they were weaned & then in their own room.
    zoolady12

Answer by zoolady12 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• About -17 months.

DD has slept in her own bed, in her own room, (most nights) since we brought her home from the hospital. And probably the main motivation for it was to avoid the exact situation you're asking about.

Good luck!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 3:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I always switch them at 12mos BF or not. My girls will BF 20mos and my son just 10mos but both my girls were in their own bed at 12mos.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Oh you may not like my method..CIO I tried other methods with my now 5 yr old (middle child) and nine worked so CIO three days! My oldest was 2 1/2 before he slept on his own so all those nuture methods really did not work so with the youngest at 12mos just did CIo and three days she was good.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2010