This will be my first baby and I haven't a clue about anything...... HELP!!

This is my first child and my bf's 2nd child and I'm so lost about everything and the feelings that I'm feeling everyday.... Any and all advice is very much welcomed :) Thanks

smurfme02

Asked by smurfme02 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• for how you're feeling, take it one day at a time, some days will be better than others. Don't stress everything will be fine! And you don't need EVERYTHING people will suggest or you're going to be out of room and money lol
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• How old are you? When are you due?
    First of all take a deep breath, pregnancy and child bearing is NATURAL, the oldest thing on the planet really so even if its your first time you'll be fine :) Try going to the local library and finding some books on pregnancy and the first few months with your baby, you'll be amazed how much stuff you already know :P Be open to advice from others but don't believe Everything people tell you because each pregnancy/baby/birth is different and you should follow your own instincts first and foremost! Good luck and congrats :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Maybe start off by getting one of those books to guide you along. "What to expect when you're expecting" or books like that.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 2:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• All I can say is I know it may be scary but you'll be fine this is also m 1st too I'm scared outta ma mind but only cuz I'm afraid of needles. Stay clear of stress I'm sure your bf's behind you 100%....
    firstimemom816

Answer by firstimemom816 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• How old are you? How far along are you?

Just remember that pregnancy is a different experience for everyone! Don't compare your pregnancy to another and think something is wrong just because you did or did not experience something. Try to avoid looking up things on-line, as it will only scare you, lol. The best person that can give you advice would be your own mother or female figure in your life. You will experience aches and pains, and sometimes pretty severe pains, lol, but stay calm and stay positive!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The pregnancy bible...what to expect when you are expecting. Full of great ideas and advice. Also pregnancy for dummy's is good book too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• During your pregnancy you might want to borrow some baby books possibly from the library on any topic of interest pertaining to prenatal care, to proper care of the baby, etc. Or you can browse some of the books at a book store if you are interested in specifics. I used a book of baby names to given me some suggestions on what names to pick for my kids before they were born. Although there is just as much information online as in written books on the subjects of pregnancy and taking care of your baby as well.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i was away from my family and friends while i was pregnant so i couldnt call to ask everytime i needed advice or had a question, i felt the same, every little thing just made me terrified and made me think that something is wrong,, i did lots of reading and Internet helps as well, cafemom is great, but i used babycenter.com as i didnt find out about this site till lately.

stick to your regular checkups.

you will be fine dont worry,,,

mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 3:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If you're interested in breastfeeding, look up a volunteer group called "La Leche League" in ur area. They help w/ techniques bcs contrary to pop believe, babies and moms dont instantly know what to do.If you qualify for WIC, they offer free breastpumps and may have resources for lactation consultants. Frustration and exhaustion may become overwhelming. Just get ready to love your baby more than you ever thought you could love anything or anyone. Once you have ur own child, you realize why wild animals will kill to protect their young. lol. Thank goodness for evolution or else we'd be in trouble! lol
    saush

Answer by saush at 3:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You can message me and ask me as many questions as you would like :) If i dont know the answer i will find it for you. I remember what this was like, and i would be glad to help you :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010