3 positives 2 negatives????

I took 2 equate pregnancy tests yesterday, both came back positive but very very very faint. I had to ask my husband if he saw the line that was faint, at first he didnt because he thought I was talking about the control window and then when I said no here, he saw it. Anyways I took 2 that came back positive and then I took a first response that came back negative. Then today I took 1 equate and 1 first response... equate positive and first response negative. Equate is 5 days sooner and first response is 6 days sooner. Im confused. What do you guys think?

airbubble

Asked by airbubble at 2:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you get a positive then you are. Congrats!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• ummm go to your family doctor to do a pregnancy test just to be sure!
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I've always heard that you can have a false negative but not a false positive.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Did you take all the test back to back? That could explain why. Early on in pregnancy, first morning's urine is the best for testing. It has the highest level of hormones to detect.. Any other urine after that early on can produce a negative. Test again in the morning, first thing. But don't let the test sit for more than 5 mins before reading, because leaving a test out too long can produce a false positive.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• you can get both false positives and false negatives but here's some info on that.

How Common Is A False Positive Pregnancy Test And What Causes It?
    Home Pregnancy Tests

HCG pregnancy tests or home pregnancy tests determine pregnancy through the detection of the hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in a woman’s urine. Doctors recommend that you wait until you have missed a period to take a home pregnancy test. If you can not wait that long to find out and you know the day you may have conceived, then the earliest you can take a test would be 14 days from possible conception. Home tests are usually 97% accurate when all instructions are followed correctly and the results are read on time. Some kits come with two tests so that in case you have made a mistake, you may take the home pregnancy tests gain.

Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• False Positive Pregnancy Test Results and What Causes Them

A false positive pregnancy test is when the test says that you are pregnant but actually you are not. This is a one off case and a positive pregnancy test is a pretty good indication that you are pregnant. False positive pregnancy tests are rare – though there are instances and conditions where they can occur.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm just going to post the link to you lol
    http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/falsepositive.html
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Thanks Ive already read that site. I took one equate test first thing in the morning and it was a very very very faint positive and then a couple hours later I took the first response which was a negative. So many you all are right, not beginning pregnancy and its just to early to really tell.
    airbubble

Comment by airbubble (original poster) at 3:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010