anyone have their SO go to court for domestic violence?

never got in trouble for anything else, but what ended up happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• counseling, fine & a non stay away or stay away (depends) order of protection
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Nope. Was the the SO the one who was violent, or you?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• He was. I'm going today for his court.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Depends what the DA wants to do with his case. You may or may want to drop it but the state has the final say since its gone on to court. If he has caused physical and emotional abuse to you, then he needs to take responsibiltiy for his actions, He got himself there because of what he did. There are many good dv support groups here in cm, check them out to find the support your looking for.
    Anonymous

• MY ex husband choked me because i spent 10 bucks, i called the police he went to jail for one day! He went to court and the case got dropped, aint that some shit? F*ckin detroit
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It all depends on what state you live in & if there has been violence in the past.Get a restraining order on him.When he gets out of jail (assuming he is) the only way he can get any of his things is by police escort.If there are children involved,he will have a designated place for a supervised visit.He's going to try to get back with you & youv'e got to be strong.good luck!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 4:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I had the opportunity where I could have have taken my exhusband to court for domestic violence. However after going over everything with a lawyer,since it was his first offense,he would have more than likely been sent to anger management classes for a few weeks&that would be it. I could have also filed an order of protection against him which would have kept him from getting near me,& contacting me (like a restraining order). However he would still get his visitation with out daughter.There was nothin I could do to keep him away from her.I chose not to press charges cause I knew if I did it would make him angry at me, and then when he had his visitation,I would always be worried about my daughters safety--the only way he could ever really hurt me would be to do somethin┬áto our daughter.I really hate that thats how it was I think people should pay for their actions, but in the end I think I chose to do what was best for me
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2010