bleeding Mole?

My back was itching and I accidently scratched open what I think is a mole and it bleeding very heavy is this normal? what can I do to get it to stop bleeding? I dont like the idea of going to the dr over something as dumb as a mole.

TikkiNippets

Asked by TikkiNippets at 3:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Health

• Well, if you scratched it, that's probably why it's bleeding, and moles will bleed a lot if the skin is broken. However, seeing your doctor over a mole is not dumb. Skin cancer is very common, but very easily treated if caught early. I would recommend getting it checked by your doctor if it looks at all abnormal or has changed in appearance, size, or shape at all.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• yea, you should see a dermatologist, ASAP
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• A bleeding mole can be skin cancer. I would have a dermatologist check it out.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• a bleeding mole is definitly not dumb!
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 3:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• As with anything health related better to look stupid and be safe than put it off and it be something serious.
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• thanks for the advic it has stopped bleeding Im just going to keep an eye on it for awhile.
    TikkiNippets

Comment by TikkiNippets (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I've done that before and they do bleed a lot but it is nothing to worry about.  If a mole bleeds for no apparent reason then it could be skin cancer.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2010