For those who didn't know you were pregnant

How long did it take you to figure out you were pregnant. I keep reading of people who got negative test, periods, and were pregnant the whole time. The reason I'm asking is because I'm always 28-30 day cycle and last time I was 14 days late before starting. When I had my period though it was only 2 days solid and 2 days just spotting every once in a while. I'm always a at least 6 day period. I just feel different I don't know if I am, My husband and I would like a child because we don't have any. I took preg. test and they were negative and a blood test when I was 10 days late and it was just the yes or no one not the quanative it was qualitive. So this question is for those of you who had the same problems and then found out later you were pregnant all along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• you should go get a blood pregnancy test done if you think that you may be and have taken the pee stick tests. My ex sister in law didn't know she was pregnant until she was 8 months pregnant and had been in a car wreck and still didn't know, had a period the whole time. Good luck!
    Tabatha42183

Answer by Tabatha42183 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I was 26 weeks with my first before I knew. I've always had irregular periods, so that wasn't my tip off. I had no sickness, no weight gain, no pregnancy symptoms. My Dad told me, lol. He knew before I did. I took a Clearblue test and it said I was. I went to the doctor and they did a blood test and urine test, and a sonogram a week later. :)
    FuzzybugsMommy

Answer by FuzzybugsMommy at 3:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• With my first I didn't know - I had something else going on and by the time we had that all figured out my doctor thought to ask if I might be pregnant - I think I was about 10 weeks at that point. Also with my last I didn't know right away - I was under a huge amount of stress due to some family stuff, so I thought nothing of missing a period. Long story short, missed the next and a light dawned, took a test and voila, BFP.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I knew with my first baby but with this one I thought and was hoping I was in march. I took a bunch of hpt and even a blood test and all were negative. So we went on to trying in April. Toward the end of the month I was pretty sure I ovulated so my doctor had me come in to get my blood drawn for progesterone to see if i had. While in the lab I really had to pee so I said what the heck and requested a pregnancy urine test. It came back positive and my doctor had me come in for a blood test and again positive. My hcg was in the 50,000 range. So a few weeks later I went in and had an ultrasound. It turns out I was already 9 weeks pregnant which meant i had gotten pregnant in march.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 5:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010