Freezer on the top, bottom or side?

We have had both the freezer on the top and now a side by side....don't like it. I would love a side by side with the freezer on the bottom.

tazdvl

Asked by tazdvl at 3:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I hate the freezer on the side, just seems like there isn't any room in there!
    adakbride

Answer by adakbride at 3:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have the french door fridge ...which is the side by side with the freezer on the bottom....And I LOVE it!!! Absolutely amazing....So much more freezer space :)
    MommaOf2Boys10

Answer by MommaOf2Boys10 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have a fridge with freezer on the side, it's practical for it's purpose I guess. My friend has one like you are saying, more storage I like it.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Mine's on the side. I would prefer a french door refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• We have a freezer on the bottom right now. I love it for the set-up, but I hate it when it comes to temp control issues - no matter what temp the fridge is and the freezer is, if I put produce in the produce drawers or on the bottom shelf it freezes. I hate my fridge. Someday I hope to have a small restaurant sized stand-alone fridge, and a couple of seperate freezers - both so I don't have to deal with the crud I mentioned and because 2 refrigerators sometimes just isn't enough for my family, plus if I have cakes to do even borrowing space from a 3rd isn't enough!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have freezer on the side right now. I don't have a problem with it. But I saw the commercial on T.V the other day of the side by side with the freezer at the bottom. I want one too.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 4:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have what they call the "upside down" fridge - fridge on top/freezer on the bottom (it's not the french door fridge) ... absolutely love it. Tons of room and it makes so much more sense to have the fridge up top since we're in and out of it 100 times more than the freezer.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Our current fridge is fridge on the bottom and freezer on top which I hate. We always had freezer on the bottom and fridge on top growing up which makes way more sense. We're redoing our kitchen in the spring and I'm looking at a side by side. It makes much more sense for us. I don't keep much stuff in the freezer, generally just a few things like veggie burgers and frozen veg as back up for busy nights when I don't have time to cook a real meal. The one I want is counter depth which makes much more sense to me. Yeah it's a bit smaller but the back of the fridge is just the place that leftovers go to die, I'd far rather have a wider and shallower model.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The freezer on the bottom is more efficient since cold air falls. The French Door is all the rage because it is cool, but not efficient if you are always opening up the doors looking for stuff. Someone needs to ask a mom how they would like a fridge/freezer designed. Personally, I want a side by side (I have a full size freezer in my basement) that is cabinet depth. It won't stick out from the counter and as a bonus, it is not as deep so all that stuff doesn't get lost and forgotten in the back of the fridge! So I totally agree with RhondaVeggie! I'm on the same page... I have only seen one of those fridgs BTW at Sears and it is pricey...but I will not be deterred!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Mine is on the bottom and I love it I am not dropping stuff on my feet anymore.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010