who to call first? or what to get done first? carpet cleaners or exterminator?

I need to get both things done but I am not sure wich one to do first

mybabyissocute

Asked by mybabyissocute at 12:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I think carpet cleaner.... just because I don't shampoo or do anything with my carpets right after my bug guy comes (he comes monthly)....I always do that right before he comes.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:36 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• bug guy first then deep clean carpets to get those carpet bugs out!!! that way at least they are dead first
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:17 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I say carpets last. You don't want the bug guy going through your house and getting the carpets dirty.
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 5:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Well, ok, I don't know exactly how the bug guy does it but he should go along the walls and spray the baseboards so you should be ok carpet cleaning after.
    shudderette

Answer by shudderette at 12:48 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I own a professional carpet cleaning business, and I always recommend exterminating first, then giving it a little time for the spray to do it's job. Follow up with the carpet service a week or two after the pest control application to remove dead bugs and/or eggs.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:43 AM on Oct. 7, 2008