Another Gay marriage question, but different...

I am using anonymous just because I have learned my lesson and do not wish to have my PM inbox filled with messages...
For everyone who is FOR gay marriage, thats your choice, yu have every right to support it.
But the people AGAINST it also have every right to NOT support it. Is that hard to accept? Everyone please jst get along.
We are all human, we all think differnetly, we have different views. Life would be boring if we were all the same.
I get sick of hearing "You dont suppport gays, you are judgemental and inconciderate"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not going to bitch you out. But I will say this: You have every right to be against gay marriage. You have every right for gay marriages not to happen in your church. But, you have to understand that what you are against is a civil right. So, you are correct in believing that you have the right to disagree, but you do not have the right to infringe on another's civil rights because of your religious beliefs.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 12:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Its OK to disagree in principal but when americans are denied the same rights based on their choice of a life partner, thats another story.

Im pro gay marriage because it really has no affect on me if 2 people love each other and get married. Thats a beautiful thing. If my neighbors next door are living together and not married, it makes me no difference. BUT if they are being denied the same benefits such as being able to see there loved one in the hospital, tax purposes, inheritance and equal rights to their children, then thats a problem.

How does it affect you if "Adam and Steve" are married?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I agree with sweet-a-kins, what difference is it to ME if two men or two women want to love each other and get married? It doesn't affect me personally, so why should I worry about it?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:23 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I am by gay marriage the same as any other church/religious issue....govt should stay out of it.... The Bible says 'don't lie..... but politicians do it all the time.... same sex marriage/or contracts is a personal choice just like your choice of religion..... and banning them from having marriage-type contracts or however you want to put it, is the same in my book as banning me from going to a certain church. It just shouldn't happen on a govt. level. You don't have to agree with their choice, but you shouldn't be poised and prepared to deny them constitutional rights because of their choice either. I'm not gay or bi - but I have an aunt who is... and she & her partner deserve to know that what they built together will not be scattered in the wind just because they weren't allowed to have a contract of commitment.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:18 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• don't like gay marriage? don't be in one. simple.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:25 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I will be judgemental and inconsiderate for a moment.

Marriage is a bond between two people in the eyes of God. The Bible intended for a man and woman to be together. Wasnt homosexulaity something the Lord smacked down when he destroyed Gahmora (spelling).

Marriage is and should be between a man and a woman. I dont hate gays, I have no problem with two ppl of the same sex sleeping in the same bed, but taking the same vows as a Christian marriage is just plain wrong
    GeishaTatMama66

Answer by GeishaTatMama66 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Marriage is a bond between two people in the eyes of God

FALSE marriage is a civil and legal contract. My marriage has nothing to do with your invisible friend.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• oh, and marriage predates christianity.
    autodidact

• Lets agree I wont tell you who you can and cant marry and you dont tell me who I can and cant marry...you married who you love, and I want to marry who I love..but cant cause you (those against gay marriage) decided to deny me my right as a human being, as a born and raised citizen of this country, as an consenting adult, as a tax payer, as a member of this community, I deserve the right to marry whom I love. who are you to decide?? your marriage didnt effect me...how will mine effect you?????????
    I too am answering annon cause im tired of recieving pm's filled with hateful bigotted slurs, and from bible thumpers wishing to save me and people sending me sites where I can go to be saved....I dont want to be saved...I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE, AND THE RIGHT TO MARRY THE PERSON I LOVE..WHAT IS SO WRONG WITH THAT????
    Anonymous

• I don't believe in gay marriages because my Lord and Savior tells me that in the beginning the Creator made them male and female and for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. Therefore I will not support gay marriages. That is my right.
    Anonymous