Cancel the airshow or continue on?

There was an Air Force airplane crash (C-17) in anchorage last night and all 4 crewmens were killed. It was practicing for the upcoming airshow this weekend. Should they cancel the airshow or have it?

adakbride

Asked by adakbride at 3:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am not military, but I do speak from the experience of having friends killed in a similar air show disaster, including a set ot twins where I survived and 1 did not. I do have the experience of having a father who worked that air show disaster site. I do know what it's like to see friends become orphans. I do know how that disaster affected a community (ice cream parlor and its sister site across town, closed for good). cancel the show for this year. Bring it back next year after the victims are properly memorialized and mourned, the investigation is complete and the wounds less visible. Because it's the right thing to do, for everyone- military members are human beings, first-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Do not cancel it. The jet crashed right behind my house off of runway 6. We could see it from our bedroom window. The jet more than likely would have crashed even if it wasn't practicing for an airshow. It crashed during take off.

This is the thing, these men died doing what they loved, and I can promise they wouldn't want them to cancel.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It sounds bad,but it costs alot of money to cancel it. I'd say have it and do a tribute fly over for them.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Maybe we should just stop test mission flying jets all together... What do you say Sweet? Since the jet would have crashed anyway on a test mission which could have had at least 15 paratroopers on board too. This base has had only TWO crashes! An AWACS (my husband works on those jets) and this C 17. That's a pretty damn good record.

The jet didn't crash because of an Air show.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• What would the crews of these planes want done? How do they feel about such things. Ask them. Most of the planes in these shows are military or flown by ex-military. Let them decide in conjunction with the families of the deceased.

If any of the family members of these people are on CM, we are sorry for your loss.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• These men LOVE what they do and most would not think of canceling. They would dedicate to those lost.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• What a lunatic- ranting and raving because someone says that don't want people to get killed. DUHH

Being against a war is very different then being against soldiers. The two are not the same.

Get off your high horse

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I agree with Chrissy. They should NOT cancel the show. If you think they should then you obviously have no clue about the military or why they do these shows to begin with therefore your opinion means nothing........that includes yours lindalu.

On with the show!!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That's YOU honey, YOUR WORDS! Eat them. I am going to refuse to let you play the dumb card...

LOL...that was AFTER you!! LOL.....so TYPICAL
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• why cancel it. This always happens
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2010