Vitamins for hair?

Any hair experts out there? My hair is falling out.... and I don't mean the usual (clean out the hairbrush once a week) I mean every shower, every hair-brushing, every pull my fingers through to put up a pony-tail and I'm getting hands full of hair come out. The wad in the shower is worse.... What can I take to help it grow back..... on top of this all, I haven't cut my hair in almost 4 years..... it should be LONG it's the same length it was 4 years ago. My nails grow fabulously (which I 've heard that the same chemical that makes nails grow also makes hair grow).

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 12:50 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Health

• proper nutrition and mineral intake is the only thing that works - liquid consumable vitamins - don't waste your time with pill vitamins, you'll just pee 85% of it away... I lost the bulk of my hair when I was sick for 2 years, after better health for 1 year, my hair is finally growing back healthy since I increases my mineral intake and nutrient intake - many times hair loss can be caused by stress, poor diet, or hormone change. Start with your nutrition, you may just be lacking something that can be replenished by fresh fruit and veggie intake - yes it is true, fresh fruits and veggies are key to amazing skin and Hair!

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 2:08 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Mine is doing the same thing and I am taking prenatal vitamins and zinc I was told by my doctor that this would help and I have also tried a new shampoo for thinning hair for women called Regenetresse,it comes with a shampoo and a root stimilator and a conditioner spray to put on it wet or dry,CVS had it for 19.99,it seems to work I have been using it for a month now,my nails grow like crazy if only my hair would,good luck hope this helps.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 1:10 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I started taking a multi-vitamin a few months, saw a big difference. My hair grew fast too. If I want to keep the hair cut the shape I like, I have to get it cut more often. I think everyones body is different and will respond to different things, but geenabelle even said it has helped taking a vitamin. Maybe think about it.

Here's a great one, I love it. www.4yourfam.com

Blessings.

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 1:34 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Low protein can cause hair loss, too. Are you getting enough? If you're not a meat eater you might look at something like a protein bar? (I like the South Beach Diet Peanut Butter) Also, if you have had any surgeries lately -- Hair loss can be a side effect of Anesthesia. It can also be a side effect of extreme stress or trauma.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Now the protein and stress thing could be it...... I eat meat, but I'm not a big meat eater..... And stress? We won't even go there..... but I have major, major amounts of it right now..... but this hair thing has been ongoing for over a year.....
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:06 PM on Oct. 3, 2008