How much down time do you really get everyday?

I am always reading about us moms getting down time. I think its crazy that most articles are saying get at least 15 minutes a day of down time for yourself. Are they serious? 15 minutes is a blink of an eye!! Please tell me how much down time you really get in a day. I usually dont get down time untill bedtime which I go right to sleep. With home schooling 3 kids, meals, shopping, cleaning, laundry, errands, doc appt, baths and ect, I REALLY do not have any downtime for myself. Anyone else going through this?

iamdomesticdiva

Asked by iamdomesticdiva at 3:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I rarely get time, so if I have an off day (unless I have plans for my son and I) I will take my 23 month old to daycare. But lately I've been spending those days moving & cleaning out my old apartment...in 100 degree weather. Ugh!! My son is very demanding & he craves attention. I miss him a lot during the day, so I'm down for some special time with him. But between cooking, bathing, cleaning, working, and an equally demanding SO, I'm in need of some time to myself. My SO and I don't live together anymore, but he always wants me over at his place so cook and spend time over there...which keeps me from being at my apartment unpacking. I really need some me time b/c all my time is dedicated to my son & SO. I wish that he would just keep our son for an evening, but he's so tired after work that he acts like I don't have the right to be tired myself. It's annoying. I should really start dedicating more time to myself.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• In all honesty, the only "down time" i get is at work, really. There are days that I am really busy and I don't even get to each lunch, but today, what I am doing right this moment is my down time. At home, I come home to a husband and 4 kids and they all need something or something needs to be done, at home my down time is bedtime.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The majority of my day is down time.

But to be fair. I only have one child. And he is 18... So, that's why.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Down time? I am supposed to get down time?!?! That does not happen for me. Even now as I check CM real quick I am playing horses with me DD. The only time I get to breathe is after they go to bed and I get a couple of mins before I have to finish cleaning, put dishes away and fold laundry...then it is help hubby with our buisness paperwork or go to bed. I am counting the days til they are both in school-two more years and I will hopefully be able to sit and read a book after they go to bed bc all the housework will be done when they are at school.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• When the kids are in school, I usually have an hour to myself while my 2.5 yo takes a nap. I try to make sure I have nothing to do during that time, I really need that time to recharge my batteries. I'm a lot less stressed when I get some me time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i make suire that i get a hour down time each day. i put on a movie or have the kids play outside, put the baby down for a nap and relax.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 6:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i get "downtime" from 5;45AM until 9AM (if I want it...that's between DH leaving for work and DD waking up.)
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 6:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010