Parent's Night Out

I'm thinking of starting a weekly parent's night out on Saturday night in my home. What would you look for if you were leaving your child in one?
What kind of snacks should I serve?
What hours?
What activites? I'm thinking maybe a movie and then an art project.
How much would you be willing to pay?
Age group would probably be 5 and under with 5 kids maximum. Maybe less.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• I'd want to know the place was clean and untrained animals never near the children, and even trained pets supervised at all times. And I'd want to know that there was plenty of caretakers for the amount of children, some references, etc.

Finger foods probably would be best, but it'd really depend on the ages. And an art project would be ideal I think. A flat rate would be best IMHO, and depending on the age.
    rosewolfkin

Answer by rosewolfkin at 10:44 AM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I think it's a good idea...but make sure it's not something that is already being offered in your area.... For example here the local Y does that and do some of the DAY CARE CENTERS.... And honestly as a parent, I would go with the Y and/or the Day care centers before I would drop my kids of at some strangers house.

Also check with your local laws re: child care. You may be required to have state licensing and/or background checks before you can do something like that legally.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:11 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I guess what food to serve would depend on the hours you end up deciding to run it. I would suggest from 7-2 or 7-3? Maybe $5/hr/child or a flat rate for the whole night? Interesting idea though!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I wish someone would do that around here! I'd do it myself, but don't have the income to buy the extra toys or food nor do I have a proper place for more than my son, lol. But man would it be nice.
    rosewolfkin

Answer by rosewolfkin at 10:42 AM on Oct. 4, 2008