I don't feel as close to my son as my daughter

And it makes me feel so guilty too :(..It DOES NOT mean that I favor him over her..He is almost 2, but 3 months premature..He can't talk too well yet and just now say Daddy, Mommy and etc, but medically my daughter has gone through way more.She was premature too, but born with several birth defects also..My son was premature, but no birth defects at all...She's had 3 surgeries, and going to need at least 6 to 12 more..We almost lost her during a hospital mistake, and I try to explain to people that it does not mean I love her more, but her and I are very very closely bonded..I don't want my son in the future to feel like I love him less I DON'T!! Am I horrible??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You are not horrible! You and your daughter have been through a lot. Your son may need you sometime in the future like that....you never know. It is a good thing that you are sensitive to these feelings and you can make sure he gets the attention he needs. Make sure he gets one on one time with you and DH and plenty of hugs and kisses. Don't feel guilty. Relax and enjoy both of them. Pat yourself on the back for being a caring, sensitive, mom. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• NO you are not horrible in the least.. I think that's another reason I don't want another child. My son was/is SO hard and challenging that ... I am afraid of that in the opposite way - I think you have more worry for your daughter due to so many complications and defects.. I Think you it might just take a bit more time with your son - sometimes that happens.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010