A question...

Ok so growing up, My mother never allowed me to celebrate halloween, this began after she got saved, I always hated it, every halloween all the kids would have fun and i was forced to sit at home, My mom told me it was the day of the devil! It sucked!

Im grown now and im also a christian, But i will still let my kids go trick or treating, i see no harm they know its just fun to get candy, any ways, were u aloud to go trick or treating as a kid? Do u let your kids go? If not is it because of religion?

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope. We were raised as JWs. No Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Birthdays or anything which was or could be based on Pagan beliefs... We, I think, had it a little easier than you because we were raised that way from little up, rather than being raised one way and then having things change.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes I was. My mom didn't like the holiday though and we weren't allowed to wear masks or buy costumes. We had to make them ourselves. Yes my kids trick-or-treat.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I am Catholic and yes, I went trick or treating as a kid, and my kids go every year. Mommy need her candy fix
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I always went growing up and now my son goes- i couldn't imagine missing out on that as a child
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My kids have gone every year. I grew Freewill Baptist and went trick or treating every year. I don't get it. It's an American thing not a religious thing, IMO. I know how it all started but that's not what it is anymore. So I say, let kids be kids.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• of course i let my son go..he was even the devil for his very first halloween but that had nothing to do with celebrating the devil. i just thought he was a cute lil devil. I don't know why some christians believe its the day of the devil. Even if it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Did she allow you to do Santa or the Easter Bunny?

If you are going to ban one in the name of Christianity... you should ban all.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yeah, we went every year. I'm sorry you had to miss out :-(
    I also let my girl go. She missed the first year because she was only 7 months old and although she could say "trick or treat" she couldn't walk from house to house. But, this year will be the 5th that she's gone. It's just fun to dress up and pretend to be someone else for a day.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• oopss..i was gonna say..even if it was the day of the devil who cares ..jesus has his day, why can't the devil have one?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I was allowed to go if I wanted to. My kids will be allowed to go when they want to, as it is we really don't go now, more so because they are so young and I usually stay home to hand out candy and the past few Halloweens my husband was deployed. We don't get that caught up in any holidays as it is though.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010