What if I feel sick/depressed my whole pregnancy?

I am 14 weeks and I have yet to feel that "I love being pregnant" feeling that so many women talk about.

AmyLind

Asked by AmyLind at 3:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's normal not to love it. Most women talk about loving it after the kid is born and sleeping through the night!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Keep asking this question and you will never get better. Here is a starting point for you. Read and listen to her more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhWC67A1Z1I

icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 3:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• some women really hate being pregnant. i think it's fairly normal.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Not every woman loves being pregnant. I had horrible nausea for the first 16 weeks, and was miserable every minute of every day. Then it finally went away. Around week 24 I started feeling her moving around, and that's when I started loving being pregnant despite all of the other not-so-pleasant preganancy issues that were happeneing. We all have a different experience, but just know that there is hope that things will change and hopefully your feelings about it will change.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 4:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have 4 kids and I never loved it!! Especially my last one, I had depression for most of the pregnancy. It was definitely hard. Now my baby is here and I feel wonderful!!! There is a light at the end lol :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 8:08 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have four children, and hated being pregnant EVERY time. I was NOT a happy pregnant person at all. I wasn't like, negative and horrible to be around... I just didn't have that "OOH lookie! The baby just moved!" feeling. But, all the same, I love my children with all my heart! I just wish there were a way to give birth without having to be pregnant for all that time! (And yea, I know adoption is an issue- but we already have four kids. We're done!)
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 30, 2010