Please help me!

How can I stop hating my MIL? She gives me no reason to like her and plenty of reasons to hate her. I try to just think of the good but theres so much more bad! My husband refuses to see the things she does even tho she manipulates him so badly and really is a horrible mother. He says Im jealous cause my family is on the other side of the country but Im not. Because of that I would love to have a good family here. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• You don't have to stop because you probably never will! LOL Limit your time together to just holidays and other social events that leave no room for one on one time. Just kill her with kindness and it will all be fine. My MIL is the same way and she feeds into my reactions. So when she tries to give advice(tells me HOW to do it) I just nod and smile. It will kill her and she'll get off your back. Your husband knows the way she is, he just doesn't want to discuss it. Thats how men are. Good luck!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008