What the best depression med/anxiety med, does it affect custody decision when going thru divorce?

I don't think I would need them if I can get out of my current situation, but until then.....

MommaB0334

Asked by MommaB0334 at 3:59 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Unless there is cause for the judge to ask about your medication intake, it aint nobodys business what you take. Including and most importantly,,your ex!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Everybody is different and we all respond differently to different medications.

But the best thing for anxiety and depression is a healthy diet, good exercise and (for most people) some kind of spiritual awareness (like meditation).
    I have PTSD and nothing has helped me more then Mindfulness meditation in combination with a healthy diet and good exercise.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Talk to your doctor and if one doesn't work best for you go back. As far as it affecting your custody decision, it actually looks better for you if you are doing what it takes to be the kind of person that can best take care of your children. It really shouldn't come up unless your husband will bring it up. So just get the help you need and be confident in court and you'll be fine.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You should talk to your doctor about your specific symptoms, and he/she can help you find the right medication if it's needed.

As far as custody goes, it won't have any impact at all - millions of people are on medication for depression. If anything, it shows that you've recognized an issue and are actively treating it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The need for medication, and the appropriate one, is something to discuss with your therapist.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2010