breastfeeding prob

im breastfeeding exscul. my 5 mnth old son. my problem is, i want to back to work soon but he wont take the bottle! its not formula its breast milk! i have the special bottlles and everything! help

bensmommy43008

Asked by bensmommy43008 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try a sippy cup. Some babies just do not like bottles. Also if you use a cup it wil avoid nipple confusion alltogether.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• my kids were like that and i ended up useing the sipy
    Anonymous

• Have you tried letting someone else give him a bottle? You might even have to leave the room. He probably doesn't want it cause he knows you're right there, and he'd rather BF.
    Anonymous

• thanks im going to try the sippy cup. his dad tried feeding him too but no luck!
    bensmommy43008

Answer by bensmommy43008 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• my baby never gets nipple confusion also she hasnt had used a bottle in a long while.we had to let my baby girl cry for a minute til she relized that was the only way she was eating.i had to have surgury so she had to learn.she cried for like one minute then took right to it.just keep trying.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 5:19 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I honestly would just stay home with your baby :( I know its hard, and extra money is super nice to have.. but if its at all an option, stay home! I quit my job because going to work showed me how much I needed to be home with my baby. Also, I dont pump enough for my baby to eat while i'm gone. I dont know about the bottles though.. if you have to work, just keep offering the bottle, try ALL kinds of different nipples, try having someone else do it, go in another room. Also you can get the baby nursing til their real relaxed then hold them real close and put the bottle right where your nipple is and see if you can kinda sneak it in lol. Keep trying, and good luck!
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:24 AM on Oct. 4, 2008