Can this change overnight, or in a few days? I just need hope :(

Ok, so I just went to the doctor. . she said I am not dilated at all. I was pretty sure that I was! I'm 39 weeks. . .this can change overnight, right? I just need some hope, I really don't want to be induced or anything of the sort.

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well you don't go from dialted to not, so chances are that you never were
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• some women dont dialate at all before labor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have 4 kids and I was never dilated before labor! It can definitely change quickly tho!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Yes, you can dilate overnight, every labor is different. I was induced with my second, it wasnt a big deal really
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• how dilated u r has nothing to do w/ when u'll go into labor. Shoot a friend of mine was 4cm for 3wks before she finally went into labor. When I had my oldest son I remember getting checked on a Fri and nothing. But he was born that Sunday! All getting checked will do for you is increase your chance of infection. With my 3rd child I refused all checks, they are meaningless and not worth the risk of infection

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 4:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• 2 days before I went into labor naturally with my first child my OB looked at me after doing an internal exam and said "See you next week that cervix is as green as it can be" (mean not ripe). Less than 48 hrs later my water broke and was in active labor. So yes, it can change over a very short period of time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:23 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Thank you :)
    Amber211

Comment by Amber211 (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It can change quickly. And keep in mind, you still have three weeks before you can be considered overdue. You can refuse to be induced to give you time to go on your own. And you can refuse cervical checks as they mean nothing and can cause infection and needless worry.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:27 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I definitely will refuse, unless me or the baby are at risk of anything dangerous.
    Amber211

Comment by Amber211 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• YaY!! LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010