Parental alienation?

Hello moms. I am 1 yr post divorce. Have a 13 yo son with shared custody. Going through what I believe is a parental alienation period that seems to be getting more intense as months go by. I have written in the past stating that I am unemployed and would like to move to NY, actually have declined several opportunities bc of my son and ex eventhough my ex has flexibility to travel especially to NY from FL. He does it for his job to begin with. I feel hurt and sad as my son seems distant. I am not sure where to go from here. Feeling very sad and trapped in my personal and professional life and not sure there is much I can do about it.

lola931

Asked by lola931 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• PA is when the other parent is keeping your child from you and/or saying bad things to the child when your not around. Your son is 13 if he is asking his dad what is going on then his father has every right to tell him. Does your son want to live with his father? That could be another reason why is being distant. Tell him the next time you have a job offer that he has two choices, move with you or live with his father. He is 13 it is his choice anyways.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:30 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Remember that he is a teen and he might just be acting like a typical teenager. Is it possible something else is going on? I know it's hard when you can not talk or work things out with the other parent. If you can't move out of the area you'll just have to make the best out of where you are now. You just have to keep on doing what's best for your son and yourself- it's hard but stay strong and you can get through it!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010