OK active moms i need help!

What are your "I almost have a 1 year old and I'm still carrying aorund baby weight" weight loss advise? I can only be so incrediably active, walking, running, and arobics, and eat every two hours, and not lose any weight for so long. What is your success story?

allisonc242

Asked by allisonc242 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• When I lost weight I stopped snacking after dinner, but don't feel bad- I have an 8 year old and still have my baby belly =(
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I know how you feel, just recently started my fitness program! On week 4 and have lost 8 pounds; so I only drink ice water, I eat every 3-4 hours (about 1200 calories a day total) and workout about 45 minutes 5 days a week. I don't eat anything after dinner though and make sure i get at least 7-8 hours of sleep. I am currently going to a 6am bootcamp fitness class but when it's over I plan on doing p90x. I also had to give up my starbucks frappacino's :(. I am 20 pounds away from my goal weight so we'll see how it goes! I have a 4 yr, 3yr and 6 month old so I defintely have a baby belly. Good Luck!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• instead of eating every 2 hours try eating 4oz. every 3 1/2 to 4 hours and try squats 3 sets of 10 a day
    Sassysab28

Answer by Sassysab28 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• The key- fewer calories in and ramp up the exercise.

To lose weight you really have to ramp up the intensity. the 30 minutes a day of vigorous exercise recommended is only to maintain health. To lose weight, you really have to work hard-especially the older you get.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:33 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• use an online calculator to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
    then eat as clean as possible.
    eat everything as close to nature as possible.

now for the important part WEIGH YOUR FOOD AND TRACK CALORIES.
    if you guess, you won't lose.
    you can essentially eat anything you want .. as long as you have the calories. you learn to eat better and get the most food for your alloted calories.

drink lots of water.
    have 30 grams of protein within 3 hours of waking up in the morning with less than 10 grams of net carbs.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:31 PM on Jul. 30, 2010