You won't believe what my DH did today??

So every night before i go to bed i ask him to wash bottles in the morning. it's simple and easy to do it takes like 5 min. well he never does it!!! EVER!!! So i come home from work today and he goes look honey i washed bottles! i look at the sink and they are just soaking in soapy water??? Really?? he wants a gold star for only doing it half way!!! and now he is mad cuz i take him for granted!! he watches our daughter from 7am-noon so i can work! She doesnt wake up until 10am! yes dear thank you for sleeping in until 10am, and then watching our daughter for 2 hours!! wow u do a lot honey i dont know how we would make it without u!!

sorry i just had to vent!

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Good vent mommy! I hear you, my dh watches our son while I work my part time job from 11-5. He wants a golden star daily because I come to a dirty house, dirty dishes and a dog that has to be let out, but darnit, our son is taken care of! I mean, he does do a lot with him, but because my job is only part-time, he sees it as we are working equally, but our son takes a two hour nap and I don't get breaks! BTW this is just a vent, I love my hubby and appreciate all that he DOES do for us!
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• lol, man have i been there! with our first dd i would go to school/work from 8am-11or noon and come home to find either my dh and dd STILL sleeping or else him barely getting up and feeding her and i still had to bathe her, dress her, clean up, make lunch, etc etc! i admit SOME days he would have lunch ready and the house kinda clean but they were few and far between. Hope your dh learns how to be a better SAHD even if it is only for 1/2 a day!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:38 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• have you tried talking to him about this?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:37 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i talk to him daily about it and its in one ear out the other! and i love my hubby too but sometimes i just want him to spend a day in my shoes!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• maybe you should really put your foot down. it got so bad in our relationship that i left. i couldnt do it all. 6 months later we were back together and 3 years later we are stronger than ever. he is a better man than i could have ever hoped for. it never should have got that bad between us, dont let it happen to you.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Typical male! LOL!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• That's kind of funny that he was so proud. Men can be kind of simpletons sometimes. :) Can you train him to put them in the dishwasher?
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• it took 5 months to train him just to soak them! it will take another 5 months to put them in the washer and by then she prolly wont have a bottle! oh well! i should just be happy he made an effort!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• that is their plan! that we are just happy with a partial job!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You could tell your hubby that if things were done in and around the house that would give you both more time for each other, through in a candle lite dinner after the littles ones are down. Who knows what could happen from there. It works trust me ;o) Good Luck please let us know what ideas you come up with that works for you.
    sissywilcox

Answer by sissywilcox at 6:22 PM on Jul. 29, 2010