swollen feet and acid indigestion?

okay, i'm 29 weeks pregnant and i don't think i can take much more of this acid indigestion or the feet swelling. my feet keep growing, my work shoes hardly fit me anymore its causing my calves to hurt when i walk and this acid indigestion makes me feel like my throat is closing up and i get it like every 10 minutes, every single day. i eat soo many tums haha. anyone else getting this?

aliciamarie1012

Asked by aliciamarie1012 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you drinking enough water? i know my feet and fingers swelled A TON with my first pregnancy, and I was dehydrated. This time around, when I am drinking lots of water, the swelling stays down.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I had terrible reflux and the ONLY thing that worked was Prilosec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My midwife even gave me a script for it. As for the swelling, just watch your sodium intake and put your feet up, LOTS of fluids too :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Also, I want to add, that I got a kidney infection from eating too many tums!!! Be sooooo carefull!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:44 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i drink tonnns of water :) and i drink a lot milk, those are really the only two things i drink anymore. or juice! i didnt think i was aloud to take prilosec? haha.
    aliciamarie1012

Comment by aliciamarie1012 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would elevate your feet, i had toxemia with my first pregnancy and that is what they told me to do and to drinkplenty of water and try your hardest to eat a salt free diet. as for the heartburn i take Prilosec OTC which my doctor here says is ok to take while i'm pregnant, I'm only 3 months prego right now and they work awesome for me!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I had bad acid reflux with my first, with my second it wasn't as bad. I lived on tums and milk. Make sure you elevate your feet and drink lots of water
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• ditto everyone else and ((((HUGS)))) Pregnancy is rough sometimes but all worth it in the end :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 4:48 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You can take Prilosec, I NEVER knew that until this past(my 4th) pregnancy. I always had really bad heartburn with the first 3 and ate way too many tums, but it wasnt until I got the kidney infection that I found out I could take something stronger! We tried Zantac first and it didnt work. I was so sick everyday with the acid reflux, it was so horrible! Prilosec was my life saver tho : )
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 4:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Its crazy, but yea, dehydration causes leg and ancle swelling! I had really bad swelling until I discovered this now I arm myself with H2O and gateraid (sometimes gateraid causes acid reflux) Water too! in fact I have had acid reflux the whole time, we call the tums "pregnancy candy" I am so sick of the flavors "mint" and "berry" The mint tastes like a big spoonfull of toothpaste you have to swallow and the berry tastes like well Tums! I cant wait to have my body back.
    dazziestar

Answer by dazziestar at 5:39 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Elevate the feet above the heart to reduce the swelling. Invest in a pair of compression stockings.

For the heartburn Tumeric will prevent it in the first place. Get tumeric capsules at a health food store. In the meantime, so you're not downing Tums...Eat six blanched almonds chew at least 30 times, eat a slice of raw potato, Mix 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar and 1 TBSP honey in a cup of warm water stir and drink, peel and eat a raw carrot chew 30 times, keep chewable Papaya tablets and at the first sign chew and swallow, Peppermint tea will not only help heartburn, but gas too, and finally swallow a teaspoon or two of uncooked oat flakes after chewing thoroughly. Also chewing gum can help alleviate heartburn too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010