What?!

What do you do if the one person at your work just got promoted and is acting like they are now above you? I am administrative staff and they are now lead of the program staff. We are on the same level, but on different sides of the admin/program line. What would you do??

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• If she tries to give you jobs, say politely that you (or she) will need to check with your supervisor.

Answer by Bmat at 4:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If the person starts ordering you to do things for them. politely tell them that its not in your job description and go ask your boss if your supposed to be doing things for them. More than likely the promotion went to their head, and they need a little deflating
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 4:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I hate people like that,what happens if they ever get demoted? :
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:35 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would simply ignore the obnoxiousness.

Have you ever read The Peter Principle? It is based on the premise that in large companies, we all rise to our own level of incompetence.

It sounds like the woman has been set up for failure, and I feel sorry for her.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:13 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• Tell her to shove it
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 5:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2010