How many times...

a day do you have to tell your kids the same thing, over and over and what do you have to repeat the most? My 2 year old is constantly running and jumping off of things. We tell him to walk and then he gallops around and says "no I hoppin" grr

HuskerMommy08

Asked by HuskerMommy08 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Every 5 mins.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• sounds like it's time to instill some discipline.
    The fist time remind him of what the rule is.
    The second time tell him that's a warning and if happens again he will go in time out.
    The third time follow through.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My 2 year old is drinking and spitting out the water. I tell him about 50 times a day to stop spitting the water on the carpet and his clothes.
    icanbeabitch

Answer by icanbeabitch at 4:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• HA HA Sounds like my son! At that age it's not so much "defiance" as it is kids just doing what they need to do to learn and have fun and it's really not just to piss off mom and dad. They really are just trying things they think they like! Hang in there!
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Mine spits too. He's doing it less and less as we tell him to knock it off.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 4:58 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• We do the 123 rule and usually he stops by 3, but when he doesn't he gets a time out and gets upset about it, but runs 2 minutes later!
    HuskerMommy08

Comment by HuskerMommy08 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I get SO tired of repeating myself he's 2-1/2 and each "task" I ask him to do I feel like I repeat over and over until I realize I am doing it...ugh..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My 2-1/2 yr old likes to whine, and it drives me crazy. I'm constantly telling her to stop whining and just talk to me. It's at the point now that she catches herself doing it, and before I even say anything she tells me she's not whining. It's funny and incredibly frustrating at the same time.
    pumpkins_mama

Answer by pumpkins_mama at 5:10 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i often have to say...the sofa is for sitting!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Oh, lordy... every 5 min? You're lucky. I've repeated myself at LEAST 20 times during that 5 minutes. Its horrible - the worst part is that I repeat myself for the 7y/o as much as I do the 2.5 y/o. Grrr.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010