Leave them in the car seat or put them in the crib?

IF your child falls asleep on the drive home do you leave them in the car seat to finnish their nap, or take them out and put them in the crib? Child still in infant carrier.

MPW2005

Asked by MPW2005 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always let them finish up their nap in the infant carseat - just set it on the floor somewhere where you won't trip over them and nothing can fall on them. Never wake a sleeping baby!!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would always take my son out and put him in his crib. But there was a few times when he would sleep in his car seat while visiting someone else's house or a resturaunt or something.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• car seat, unless its night time, then I do put them in bed.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• they are sleeping HOORAY. park the infant carrier in the house
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It would depend on how often. As long as the child is not in the infant carrier A LOT, then I would let him/her finish the nap in the carrier. In the house of course. :)
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 5:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I always put my kid into his crib, one it helped later on with nap time and I didnt want the car seat to become a security issue. He would wake up a little but I would rock him and lightly blow in his ear and back to sleep he went.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:02 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'd always leave them in the seat next to wherever i was so i could keep an eye on em, unless it was night time of course then they'd go into their bed. i'd always make sure they were uncovered and not too tightly buckled in either though cause those infant carriers can get em sweaty and hot pretty fast!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 5:04 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• If my daughter was sleeping, I did NOT wake her and putting her into the crib would most certainly wake her up. In those first few months, I took advantage of her sleeping and would lie down myself.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have a Graco Sweet Peace swing that is compatible with the car seat so I just plop the car seat into the swing and turn it on...baby doesn't even know we left the car. =) Its going to be so sad when he outgrows his carrier.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 5:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I think it is wise not to wake the child or baby it wont hurt them anyway to let them sleep it out in there car seat till they wake later.
    Driving can be very sooting and if it works than work with it.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010